Bhoi, Amarendra (2009) Strength Characteristics Analysis of Steel Slag Hydrated Matrix. BTech thesis.
Iron and steel making slag are byproducts of the iron making and steelmaking processes. To date, these types of slag have been widely used in cement and as aggregate for civil works. A new product developed in Japan called “SSHM” (Steel slag hydrated matrix) which is made mainly from slag and absolutely free from natural aggregate. Steel slag hydrated matrix has the following features:
1. Made from 100% recycled resources.
2. Same strength performance as ordinary concrete.
3. Low alkaline dissolution.
4. Excellent wear resistance.
5. Excellent growth of biofouling organisms in marine environment.
This research work has the following objective
• To investigate different basic properties such as compressive strength, flexural strength etc. of Steel Slag Hydrated Matrix in comparison with ordinary concrete.
• To determine the mix proportion of fly ash, lime, ground granulated blast furnace slag, steel slag and water to achieve the required strength.
|Item Type:||Thesis (BTech)|
|Uncontrolled Keywords:||Steel slag hydrated matrix,Steel slag,Ground granulated blast furnace slag|
|Subjects:||Engineering and Technology > Civil Engineering > Structural Engineering|
Engineering and Technology > Civil Engineering > Materials Engineering
|Divisions:||Engineering and Technology > Department of Civil Engineering|
|Deposited By:||Amarendra Bhoi|
|Deposited On:||15 May 2009 12:39|
|Last Modified:||14 Jun 2012 10:54|
|Supervisor(s):||Patel, A and Singh, S P|
Repository Staff Only: item control page